It is the policy of Cabarrus County to:
- maintain a systematic, consistent recruitment program
- promote equal opportunity employment (EOE)
- identify and attract the most qualified applicants for all vacancies
The County achieves this through:
- consistency in announcing positions
- evaluating all applicants by the same criteria
- applying uniform testing methods
Cabarrus select employees on the basis of applicant qualifications and without regard to:
- genetic information
- national origin
- political affiliation
An exception occurs when age, sex or physical requirements are necessary for the job. These requirements must constitute a bona fide occupational qualification necessary for job performance.
Applicants with disabilities are given equal consideration with other applicants. Consideration is for positions in which their disabilities do not represent an obstacle. These obstacles must represent an unreasonable barrier to satisfactory performance of duties.