The Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee seeks to:
- serve residents of long-term care facilities within the County
- encourage community involvement with adult care homes
- homes for the aged
- family care homes
- homes for developmentally disabled adults
- promote elder abuse awareness and maintain the intent of the Adult Care Home Residents Bill of Rights
The 17-member board is open to applicants from all areas of Cabarrus County. Legislation prohibits the appointment of members who:
- are employed by an adult care home
- have financial interest (directly or indirectly) in an adult care home
- have immediate family members in an adult care home within Cabarrus County.
Initial appointment is for a one-year term with successive appointments for three-year terms.