The Convention and Visitors Bureau is a destination marketing organization. The Bureau exist to:
- promote Cabarrus County as a visitor destination
- enhance the complete visitor experience
- support the interests of the local tourism industry
- promote public awareness of the importance of tourism
The Board of Directors sets forth the policy and strategic direction of the Bureau. They consists of community stakeholders. These stakeholders come together to:
- guide the bureau in driving visitation to Cabarrus County
- generate maximum impact through hotel stays and visitor spending
Board members are required to:
- attend 75% of the meetings
- be willing to actively serve on the committee
Membership on this 12-member authority is appointed as follows:
- The Board of County Commissioners selects three members. This includes a commissioner/county manager appointee.
- Six members are appointed based on recommendations from the authority.
- Three members are appointed based on recommendations from the Cabarrus Regional Chamber of Commerce.
Appointments are for three-year terms.