The Water and Sewer Authority of Cabarrus County (WSACC) was established in 1992. The authority was approved by:
- Cabarrus County
- Cities of Concord and Kannapolis
- Towns of Harrisburg and Mount Pleasant
WSACC oversees water and sewer facilities throughout Cabarrus County. Their purposes is planning, constructing, owning, operating and maintaining these facilities.
The authority has nine members appointed at the recommendation of the municipalities:
- two members appointed by the Board of County Commissioners
- two members appointed by the City of Concord
- two members appointed by the City of Kannapolis
- one member appointed by the Town of Harrisburg
- one member appointed by the Town of Mount Pleasant
- one at-large member appointed by the Board of County Commissioners
Appointments are for three-year terms.