Senior Games & SilverArts
Cabarrus Senior Games began in 1985 as part of a statewide health and wellness promotion and education program for older adults. Since that time, our senior adults have been walking, running, singing, dancing, throwing, pitching, swimming and swinging; drawing, knitting, weaving, painting and writing their way to better physical and mental health.
Held each year in the spring, Cabarrus Senior Games offers competition in a wide variety of sports, events, and the arts. To be eligible to participate, individuals must:
- Be 50 years of age or older on or before December 31 of competition year
- Be a resident of Cabarrus or not compete in the same events in any other local games
- Be a resident of NC (minimum 3 consecutive months annually)
- Live in a County where an event is not offered
- Not compete in the same event in any local games in the same year
Senior Games is sanctioned by NC Senior Games and is coordinated by these organizations:
For more information on Cabarrus Senior Games, call 704-920-3484, contact email@example.com or register online.
State Finals Qualifying Information
To qualify for the NC Senior Games state finals, a participant must register and compete in a sanctioned local games and meet the following qualifications:
- Athletics: gold, silver and bronze medalists in sanctioned events, in each age category, male and female, qualify to compete at NC Senior Games state finals. Exceptions:
a. the top 6 finishers in each age group of bowling events will qualify;
b. golfers must meet a minimum performance score (mps) and finish in the top 3 in their age group. MPS are available on page 6 of the Senior Games registration packet(PDF, 882KB) and in the NCSR rule book.
- SilverArts: qualifiers in each sub-category are:
a. Literary Arts: gold and silver medalists (if different artists)
b. Heritage & Visual Arts: gold, silver & bronze medalists (if different artists)
c. Cheerleader Showcase: Best of Show
d. Performing Arts: Best of Show
- Tournament Events: qualifiers limited to 3 tournament events at state finals
- SilverStriders Fun Walk: successful completion of this event will qualify participants for NCSG State Finals Fun Walk.
For more information visit National Senior Games Association.
- Basketball Shooting
- Football Throw
- Softball Throw
- Track & Field
- Race Walking
- Power Walking
- Disc Golf
- Miniature Golf
- Table Tennis
- 3-on-3 Basketball
- Heritage Arts
- Literary Arts
- Performing Arts
- Visual Arts