The Housing and Home Improvement (HHI) program assists older homeowners. The goal of the program is to assist in maintaining independence and adequate shelter. The client must be a homeowner, age 60 or older. The cost to the client is based on a sliding scale. Service will not be refused based on inability to pay. This is available to all County residents.
Typical program services:
- Build wheelchair ramps, step rails and grab bars
- Replace broken windows and doors
- Repair/replace sub floors
- Install carbon monoxide and smoke detectors
- Other safety-related items