Residents may register at the one-stop site during the early voting period and immediately vote at that same one-stop site.
This process is same-day registration:
1) Same-day registrants must attest to their eligibility and provide proof of residence.
A voter attests to their eligibility by:
- Completing a Voter Registration Application
- Affixing his/her signature
Knowingly attesting to false information is a Class One Felony.
2) The registrant must then prove their residence.
They can do this by presenting any one of the following, which must include their current name and current address:
- NC driver license
- Other photo identification issued by a government agency. Any government-issued photo ID is acceptable. The card must bears the registrant's current name and current address.
- Government document showing the voter’s name and address
- Copy of a current utility bill
- Bank statement
- Government check
- Current college/university photo identification card paired with proof of campus habitation
Within two business days, the County Board of Elections verifies the registrant's:
- Drivers license and Social Security Number
- Voter registration record
- Address by mail
- And if duplicate registrations exist
The registrant’s vote counts. The only reason it wouldn't is if the County Board of Elections determines the registrant is not qualified.