Do you have an interest in working with animals?
Check for open positions at the shelter.
We are a County run shelter and have to follow County and NC Dept. of Agriculture rules. Therefore, we have some requirements that volunteers must follow.
Please read over these requirements for people to be able to volunteer at the Cabarrus County Animal Shelter.
1. Must 18 years of age or older.
2. Must have some experience handling/ being around animals. (must not be allergic)
3. Be aware that volunteering here is a physically demanding and can be emotionally challenging service.
4. Must be able to handle animals of various weights.
5. Be aware that you may be handling/using potentially harmful/hazardous disinfectants, including bleach and other chemicals.
6. Must sign a waiver and complete the volunteer orientation and training when scheduled.
7. Must be able to comply with and follow the rules set by the Cabarrus County Animal Shelter and the NC Dept. of Agriculture.
Volunteers HOURS: Volunteers can come to the shelter when scheduled, during the hours of 8 am- 5pm Monday – Fridays. We do not yet have routine weekend hours for volunteers. However, we do occasionally have events on the weekends and do need the help of volunteers at those times.
If you feel that you would fit all these requirements, please fill out the Volunteer Questionnaire. This will help us get an idea of your experience level and your areas of interest in volunteering at the shelter. Once we receive your questionnaire we will then get in touch with you to schedule a meet and greet and the volunteer orientation and training.
If you feel that you don’t meet the requirements but would still like to help the animals in some way, Please view the DONATIONS we need. We can always use donations for the animals!
Thanks again so much for you interest in helping with the animals! We appreciate it!
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Tuesday, 12 - 4:30 pm
Monday - Tuesday, by appointment only
Monday - Friday, 12 - 4:30 pm
Keep up with events from the Cabarrus County Active Living and Parks department, managers of the Senior Centers, on Facebook.