Veterans Affairs Pension is an income-based program for low income veterans who are permanently and totally disabled (or age 65) due to a non-service connected disability. Payments are made to increase the veteran’s total income to a pre-determined level set by Congress. Un-reimbursed medical expenses may reduce total income for Veterans Affairs purposes.
To apply call Veterans Services to set up an appointment to meet with a counselor or contact a VA Regional Office.
When applying, please bring the following documentation:
- Original discharge or DD 214
- Spouse/dependent information including social security numbers and birth dates
- Marriage certificate
- Income information to include annual gross income and net worth
- Un-reimbursed deductible medical expenses
- Banking information: Name of bank, routing number and account number
- Under age 65, medical records for disability preventing veteran from working
For more information visit Veterans Affairs Pension Programs