Did you know that there are excellent mapping and identification resources readily available on the Internet?
Did you know that Cabarrus County has information available locally regarding Flood Insurance Rate Maps, rules for building in the floodplain and protecting property from flood damage?
Here are some local resources and where to find them:
- Adopted FEMA FIRMs are available at the Cabarrus County Governmental Center (65 Church St. S., Concord) in the Planning and Development Department during normal business hours.
- Publications related to flooding, construction and living near rivers, streams and floodplains are available at the Cabarrus County Governmental Center. The Cabarrus County Library Concord Branch also has materials available for check out.
- FEMA elevation certificates for buildings constructed in the floodplain (in unincorporated Cabarrus County) are available in the Planning and Development Department for review during normal business hours.
- The North Carolina Building Code,which regulates local construction, incorporates flood-resistant standards for residential and commercial development.
- Cabarrus County Planning and Zoning staff can assist you with property inquiries.
- Cabarrus County Construction Standards staff can help you with questions about the building code and technical construction standards.
Additional tips and resources