Low Income Energy Assistance

Low Income Energy Assistance

The Low Income Energy Assistance Program provides for a one-time assistance to help eligible families pay their heating bills. You may apply January 1 through March 31. If you are age 60 or older or disabled and working with DHS Adult and Aging Services, you may apply in December.

A household that applies must:

  • Meet income guidelines
  • Have reserves at or below $2,250
  • Be responsible for its heating bills
  • Contain a US citizen or an eligible alien with proof of legal citizenship

A household that applies must provide the following information:

  1. Proof of all income for everyone in the household for the month prior to application (pay stubs, social security payments, self-employment income, etc.).
  2. Copy of primary heating bill (electricity, natural or propane gas, fuel oil, etc.).
  3. Proof of cash-on-hand, savings and checking.
  4. Proof of assets such as mutual funds, stocks and bonds.
  5. Social Security numbers and dates of birth for everyone in the household.

Individuals may contact the Adult Services Line at 704-920-1400 for questions regarding the Low Income Energy Assistance Program.

Available Resources

Did you know that there are excellent mapping and identification resources readily available on the Internet?

Did you know that Cabarrus County has information available locally regarding Flood Insurance Rate Maps, rules for building in the floodplain and protecting property from flood damage?

Here are some local resources and where to find them:

  • Adopted FEMA FIRMs are available at the Cabarrus County Governmental Center (65 Church St. S., Concord) in the Planning and Development Department during normal business hours.
  • Publications related to flooding, construction and living near rivers, streams and floodplains are available at the Cabarrus County Governmental Center. The Cabarrus County Library Concord Branch also has materials available for check out.
  • FEMA elevation certificates for buildings constructed in the floodplain (in unincorporated Cabarrus County) are available in the Planning and Development Department for review during normal business hours.
  • The North Carolina Building Code,which regulates local construction, incorporates flood-resistant standards for residential and commercial development.  
  • Cabarrus County Planning and Zoning staff can assist you with property inquiries.
  • Cabarrus County Construction Standards staff can help you with questions about the building code and technical construction standards.

Additional tips and resources

Ways to stay informed about weather that may cause flooding: 

View your Resource

cabarrus logo

Please Click Below to View This Resource


No items found.


No items found.


No items found.

Stay Connected


Questions or Comments