Candidates note: If you announced your decision to run for office to the public, received any contributions or spent any money on your campaign before filing, you must open your candidate committee within 10 days of any of these activities.
Candidate guide for 2020 primary and general elections.
Tips for filing to run for office
What to bring:
- A valid ID for notarization purposes
- Check for filing fees (cash may be accepted if the filing fee is $50 or less)
- Any completed campaign finance documents (not required)
What to expect:
- If arriving on the first or last day of filing, be prepared to wait
- Officials will verify your eligibility to file for office
- Filing paperwork will be completed, signed and notarized
- Filing fees must be paid at the time of filing
- Campaign finance questions will be answered after the filing process
Questions or Comments
Copyright ©2017 Cabarrus County