Cabarrus County Government desires to have a fully engaged community that understands our economic challenges, but whose goal is to work together to achieve success with both short-term and long-term goals. While being mindful of the limited resources we have, we want to ensure that all citizens have equal opportunity and access to resources/services that will enhance their quality of life. Without volunteers, Cabarrus County would be unable to meet the many needs of the community, and our focus on obtaining goals would not be possible. As a volunteer, there are many ways that your effort and creative thinking could make a huge difference. Here are just a few examples of how you can make an impact on the future of Cabarrus County:
- Help with event planning at the Senior Centers
- Serve as a citizen member of an advisory board (help provide input before government decisions are made).
- Become an integral part of a child’s life who has special needs/along with being a support system to his or her family.
- Assist with clerical activities at many of the county government buildings.
- Show valuable work ethic and skill for potential references for employment opportunities in the community.
There is a place for you!