On the agenda, October 15
The Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners regular meeting will be on Monday, October 15, at 6:30 p.m. in the Board of Commissioners Meeting Room of the Government Center (65 Church St. SE, Concord). You can watch the meeting live online or on Spectrum Cable Channel 22, follow live tweets from the meeting (#CCBOC) or catch the meeting playback on Channel 22 and YouTube.
Here are a few of the topics on the agenda:
Recognitions and presentations include:
- Active Living and Parks - Recognition of NC Senior Games State Finals Participants
- Centralina Council of Governments- 50th Anniversary Proclamation Presentation to Cabarrus County
- BOC - Recognition of Employee Aid during Hurricane Florence and Aftermath
- BOC - Red Ribbon Week Proclamation
- Communication and Outreach, Cabarrus County TV, Channel 22- NATOA Communications Awards
- Planning and Development- Weatherization Day Proclamation
Consent agenda topics include:
- County Manager - Public Service Company of North Carolina Easement at West Cabarrus High School
- Finance - Appropriate Fund Balance for Landfill Fund--Purchased Services
- Finance - Request for Reallocation of Funds for the Frank Liske Park Restroom Project $50,000
- Finance - Project Ordinance Updates for the County Operations Center Purchase
- Tax Administration - Refund and Release Reports -September 2018
New business agenda topics include:
- DHS - FY20 Community Transportation Grant - Public Hearing 6:30 p.m.
- Economic Development Investment - Project Griffin Building 1 - Public Hearing 6:30 p.m.
- Economic Development Investment - Project Griffin Building 2 - Public Hearing 6:30 p.m.
- Economic Development Investment - Project Meadows Building 1- Public Hearing 6:30 p.m.
- Economic Development Investment - Project Meadows Building 2- Public Hearing 6:30 p.m.
- Planning and Development - Proposed Text Amendment TEXT2018-00002, Chapter 16, Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance - Public Hearing 6:30 p.m.
- Planning and Development - Proposed Text Amendment TEXT2018-00003 and TEXT2018-00004 - Public Hearing 6:30 p.m.
Learn more about serving on a Cabarrus County advisory board and/or committee.
Public feedback:Residents may make comments in person or by written communication. In-person participants can present comments lasting no longer than three minutes. When you arrive at the meeting, please complete a yellow comment card, found at the end of each row, and submit your request to speak to the Clerk to the Board of Commissioners. If reasonable accommodations are required for participation in the hearing, please contact the ADA Coordinator at 704-920-2100 at least 48 hours prior to the hearing. Residents can also submit written comments to the Clerk to the Board via postal mail at P.O. Box 707, Concord, NC 28026. You can also contact Board members directly.
*Board of Commissioners meeting agendas are subject to change.*