On the agenda, August 19
The Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners regular meeting will be on Monday, August 19 at 6:30 p.m. in the Board of Commissioners Meeting Room of the Government Center (65 Church St. SE, Concord). You can watch the meeting live online or on Spectrum Cable Channel 22, follow live tweets from the meeting (#CCBOC) or catch the meeting playback on Channel 22 and YouTube.
Here are a few of the topics on the agenda:
Recognition and presentations include:
- DHS - Child Support Awareness Month Proclamation
- Communications and Outreach - North Carolina City and County Communicators (NC3C) Excellence in Communications Awards Recognition
(Items listed under consent are generally of a routine nature. The Board may take action to approve/disapprove all items in a single vote. Any item may be withheld from a general action, to be discussed and voted upon separately at the discretion of the Board.)
- Appointments - Cabarrus County Animal Protection Advisory Board
- Appointments - Juvenile Crime Prevention Council
- Appointments - Public Health Authority of Cabarrus County
- Appointments - Transportation Advisory Board
- Appointments and Removals - Library Board of Trustees
- Appointments and Removals - Mount Pleasant Planning Board and Board of Adjustment (ETJ)
- BOC - Resolution Amending the Board of Commissioners' 2019 Meeting Schedule
- County Manager - Dominion Energy Easement on East First Street
- County Manager - Farmington Ridge Infrastructure Agreement
- County Manager - Reappropriation of Funds for Ongoing Projects, Grants and Commitments
- Finance - Write-Off of Ambulance and Library Receivables for FY15
- Finance - Cabarrus County Reimbursement Resolution for Limited Obligation Bonds 2020
- Finance - Capital Improvement Plan Funding for Design of Emergency Medical Services Headquarters
- Finance - Rowan Cabarrus Community College Contingency Request for Advanced Technology Center - $179,449.14
- Library - Presentation of Strategic Plan
- Library - Trustee By-Laws Update
- Tax Administration - Refund and Release Reports - July 2019
New business agenda topics include:
- Sheriff's Office - Award of Service Weapon
- Economic Development Investment - Project Cylinder (Personal Property) – Public Hearing 6:30 p.m.
- Economic Development Investment - Project Cylinder (Real Property) – Public Hearing 6:30 p.m.
- Economic Development Investment - Project Wavy - Public Hearing 6:30 p.m.
Learn more about serving on a Cabarrus County advisory board and/or committee.
Public feedback:Residents may make comments in person or by written communication. In-person participants can present comments lasting no longer than three minutes. When you arrive at the meeting, please complete a yellow comment card, found at the end of each row, and submit your request to speak to the Clerk to the Board of Commissioners. If reasonable accommodations are required for participation in the hearing, please contact the ADA Coordinator at 704-920-2100 at least 48 hours prior to the hearing. Residents can also submit written comments to the Clerk to the Board via postal mail at P.O. Box 707, Concord, NC 28026. You can also contact Board members directly.
*Board of Commissioners meeting agendas are subject to change.*