On the agenda, April 16
April 12, 2018 — The Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners regular meeting will be on Monday, April 16, at 6:30 p.m. in the Board of Commissioners Meeting Room of the Government Center (65 Church St. SE, Concord). You can watch the meeting live online or on Spectrum Cable Channel 22, follow live tweets from the meeting (#CCBOC) or catch the meeting playback on Channel 22 and YouTube.
Here are a few of the topics on the agenda:
Recognitions and presentations include:
- Hauler Parade Presentation - CSM Production
- Cabarrus Health Alliance - 2017 State of the County Health Report
- Proclamation - Cabarrus Prescription Drug Drop Off Week (May 14th - 19th)
- Active Living and Parks - Older Americans Month 2018 Proclamation
- Planning and Development - Soil and Water Stewardship Week Proclamation
Consent agenda topics include:
- Finance - Cabarrus County Schools Renovation Request for J.N. Fries Middle School
- Finance - Resolution Approving Installment Contract Financing for Various Public Projects up to $55,000,000
- Library - Presentation of Grant Application
- Sheriff's Office - Request to Award a Service Weapon to Lieutenant Milton Daniel Harless Upon Retirement
- Solid Waste Management - Landfill: Proposed Construction and Demolition Waste and Individual Household Municipal Solid Waste Tipping Fees
- Solid Waste Management - Scrap Tire Recycling and Disposal Contract with US Tire Recycling
- Tax Administration - Refund and Release Reports - March 2018
New business agenda topics include:
- Planning and Development Department - Proposed Text Amendment to TEXT2018-00001 - Public Hearing 6:30 p.m.
- Board of Commissioners - Resolution Amending the Board of Commissioners’ 2018 Meeting Schedule
- County Manager - Mount Pleasant Middle School Sale Offer Review
- Finance - Acceptance of Construction bid for a new Southwest Area Elementary School for Cabarrus County Schools
Learn more about serving on a Cabarrus County advisory board and/or committee.
Public feedback:Residents may make comments in person or by written communication. In-person participants can present comments lasting no longer than three minutes. When you arrive at the meeting, please complete a yellow comment card, found at the end of each row, and submit your request to speak to the Clerk to the Board of Commissioners. If reasonable accommodations are required for participation in the hearing, please contact the ADA Coordinator at 704-920-2100 at least 48 hours prior to the hearing. Residents can also submit written comments to the Clerk to the Board via email at TLHugie@cabarruscounty.us or postal mail at P.O. Box 707, Concord, NC 28026. You can also contact Board members directly.
*Board of Commissioners meeting agendas are subject to change.*