March and April Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) benefit issuance schedule
On January 20, 2019, early issuance of February FNS benefits was released to ensure households received benefits during the lapse in appropriations.
As a result, households would experience a lapse in benefits for up to 60 days unless there is an adjustment to the March and April 2019 issuance schedule. The NC Department of Health and Human Services (NC DHHS) has developed an issuance strategy to issue March and April 2019 benefits on an alternative schedule to mitigate burdens to families.
To prevent households from experiencing a lapse in benefits up to 60 days, March 2019 benefits will be issued early.
- Residents of Alcohol Drug Treatment Centers (ADTC's) will receive benefits on March 1, 2019
- All other households will receive benefits on March 3, 2019
- April 2019 benefits for residents of ADTC's will be issued April 1, 2019.
- Households that receive benefits on the 3rd to 11th of the month will remain on normal issuance schedules.
- Households that receive benefits between the 13th – 21st of the month, will receive benefits on April 12, 2019. This will allow us to resume the regular issuance cycle for May 2019.
For more information on FNS, go to https://www.ncdhhs.gov/assistance/low-income-services/food-nutrition-services-food-stamps or contact your local county DSS office.