Change of season in the parks
Beginning Thursday, November 1, Cabarrus County’s parks, Camp T.N. Spencer (3155 Foxford Rd, Concord), Frank Liske (4001 Stough Rd, Concord), Rob Wallace (12900 Bethel School Rd, Midland) and Vietnam Veterans (760 Orphanage Rd, Concord), will operate Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
These hours are in effect until February 28, 2019. The paddle boats and miniature golf at Frank Liske Park are closed for the season and will reopen April 1, 2019.
There are still plenty of opportunities for family fun during the last months of 2018.
- Pioneer Day, Saturday, November 10, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., at Camp T.N. Spencer Park.
Discover what is was like to live as a pioneer. Learn basic skills, like shelter building, campfire cooking and archery.
- Campfire Stories: Urban Legends and Myths, Saturdays in November, 5:30-7 p.m., at Rob Wallace Park. Enjoy a campfire treat and storytelling at these fireside gatherings.
- Signs of Fall Hike, Saturday, November 10, 10 a.m.-noon, at Camp T.N. Spencer Park. Spend a cool day exploring the fall beauty of Camp Spencer.
- Woodland Christmas, Saturday, December 8, 10 a.m.-noon, at Frank Liske Park.
Get in the spirit with s’mores, hot cocoa, nature crafts and a snowball fight.
- Adventures in December, Wednesday, December 19-Friday, December 21, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., at Frank Liske Park. Take advantage of the holiday break playing cosmic dodge ball, Nerf gun battles and even animal encounters.
Cabarrus County parks feature disc golf courses, dog walks, picnic areas, tennis courts, softball fields, nature and bike trails, outdoor fitness equipment, and fishing ponds. For a complete listing of events or to register, visit cabarruscounty.us/register.