Cabarrus County Job Openings
Video: Learn more about a project on which planners are currently working.
Feb. 2, 2018 -- Cabarrus County has several exciting and rewarding full-time career opportunities available within the Planning and Development Department. Join the team that monitors and manages the use of land in Cabarrus County to protect citizens, businesses and industries. The department works to enhance quality of life, control negative external effects and properly provides public services through innovation and excellent customer service.
We are looking to recruit committed, self-motivated and enthusiastic candidates for the following full-time positions:
Codes Enforcement Officer Level I (Mechanical & Electrical) $43,180.80 – $49,202.40 (open until filled)
Codes Enforcement Officer Level II (Mechanical & Electrical) $47,611.20 – $54,251.60 (open until filled)
Codes Enforcement Officer Level III (Mechanical & Electrical) $49,961.60 – $56,934.80 (open until filled)
What does it take to work for Team CabCo?
- Strong and effective communicator, both written and verbal, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Perform multiple tasks without sacrificing quality or accuracy.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Strong interview skills, ability to ask the right questions to gather and obtain relevant information.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strong working relationships with contractors, public officials and the citizens of Cabarrus County.
- Ability to work independently, as well as maintain positive working relationships with other Cabarrus County staff.
For a complete list of job requirements and to apply, visit our jobs page.
Benefits Package includes:
- Earned vacation & sick leave
- 11-12 paid holidays per year
- Participation in the Local Government Employees Retirement System
- 5% employer-paid contribution to NC401K, with no employee match required
- Employer Paid Health insurance
- Comprehensive health & wellness program
Additional Optional Benefits
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Term life insurance
- Dependent life insurance
- Cancer insurance
- Accident & Critical illness insurance
- Whole life insurance
- Short & Long-term disability insurance
- Medical & dependent reimbursement accounts