Cabarrus County Job Openings
All applicants must apply by 11:59 p.m. on Jan. 12, 2018. To apply, please visit our jobs page.
Jan. 8, 2018 -- Cabarrus County is seeking EMT Paramedics and EMTs interested in working with our diverse state-of-the-art emergency services system.
Cabarrus County EMS is a model EMS system that provides advanced paramedic-level care to the residents of Cabarrus County. We respond to about 33,000 calls each year and our service boasts a response time of 7.2 minutes--one of the best in the state of North Carolina. Cabarrus County EMS is committed to clinical excellence and outstanding patient care. We foster critical care skills and education within the department to create an environment for a long-term career.
Cabarrus EMS supports multiple specialty response teams, including tactical medics, state medical assistance team, motorsports track medics, hazmat medics, ATV medics, ambulance strike teams and bomb squad support.
Starting salary – EMT Paramedic $37,294.10
Starting salary – EMT $32,219.20
Awesome benefits package: paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, paid health insurance, government retirement, 5% 401k County-paid contribution, vision, dental and disability
Candidates who are interested in these positions must:
- Be a high school graduate or have GED
- Be a certified paramedic (EMT/P)
- *EMT currently enrolled in a paramedic training program with successful completion of paramedic certification within 18 months of hire.
- Willing to work 12 hour shifts (Cabarrus County EMS team members work 12 hour shifts)
- Attain and maintain ACLS*, PALS, NAPD, NIMS, and Hazmat Operations
- Current NC Driver License and must maintain a good driving record
- Interact well with people and be flexible in assuming a variety of tasks in emergency and non-emergency medical care
- Qualified applicants will be contacted and required to undergo an Assessment
All applicants must apply by 11:59 p.m. on Jan 12, 2018. To apply, please visit our jobs page.