This week’s episode of CTW previews the Senior Center Open House
Friday, May 2, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
April 28, 2014 -- This week’s episode of CTW takes a closer look at the Concord Senior Center’s recent renovations. The additions added a total of 1,141 square feet to the existing building. The addition includes two additional restrooms, along with group exercise rooms, and expanded fitness center and learning classrooms to accommodate larger class sizes.
The center is celebrating with a public open house, Friday, May 2, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Attendees can explore the new space, participate in class demonstrations, talk to class instructors and enjoy a meet and greet with the staff. The ribbon cutting ceremony will take place at 1 p.m. followed by light refreshments and door prizes.
Class demos are available from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. and take place every half-hour (15-20 minutes each); these will include various fitness and dance classes. Fitness center orientation sessions are available from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. with a max of 14 people per session). You’ll want to allow approximately 30-45 minutes to participate in the session. Various tours led by staff and volunteers are available from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
While there, folks can register for a My Senior Center card. This free card allows for quick and easy sign-in at future visits. Whether you’re interested in using the gym equipment, attending a class or visiting with friends, the pass allows you to get in and out with ease.
For more information on the Concord Senior Center Public Open House, taking place Friday, May 2, from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the newly renovated center, located at 331 Corban Ave SE, Concord, call 704-920-3484.
- Law Day, May 2, Cabarrus County Governmental Center
- Blood Pressure & Sugar Check, May 6, Concord Senior Center
- D.A.R.E Fishing Tournament, May 3, Badin Lake
- Protect Yourself Against Fraud, May 8, Cooperative Extension 4-H information
- Beginning Farming Online Course, Cooperative Extension
- Kannapolis Farmers Market, Thursdays, May-October, Kannapolis
- John McCutcheon Concert, May 2, Davis Theatre
- Spring into Arts Festival, May 3, Downtown Concord
- Tintypes, May 1-18, Old Courthouse Theatre
- Equestrian Exchange, May 8-11, Cabarrus Arena
- Jiggy with the Piggy & Village Jiggy Jam Festival, May 9-11, Downtown Kannapolis
- Haulers on Union, May 15, Downtown Concord
- Union Street Live, May 15, Downtown Concord
- Small Business Series in Harrisburg, May 2, 9 and 16, Harrisburg Town Hall
- Pat-a-cake, Let’s Bake! May 12, Health Alliance
- Fun with Art and Poetry, May 10, Kannapolis Library
- Protecting Your Privacy Online, May 12, Harrisburg Library
- Intro to Twitter, May 15, Concord Library