Feb. 10, 2014 – Have you been meaning to join a book discussion group? The library offers literary based discussion groups from birth to all ages beyond. Little ones can catch the reading bug through a variety of story opportunities. Baby and toddler groups introduce stories, rhythm, songs and instruments, helping little ones listen and learn from the world around them. Lego discussion groups help kids learn through their love of playing and building. Grade school, middle school and teens alike have the chance to read and discuss content with their peers. While adult groups often have multiple meeting times to fit your busy lifestyle.
If you haven’t been to a public library in a long time, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at all the programs and resources it has to offer. Libraries offer so much more than books. All four branches within Cabarrus County have computer labs with internet access that can be used to search for jobs, research new careers, prepare to return to school, look up prospective employers and much more. The libraries offer many publications and e-Resources to assist with writing a resume and other personal and professional development activities.
The Mt. Pleasant library is nestled in beautiful historic Mt. Pleasant. The library staff pride themselves on providing a friendly personal touch to the informational needs and reading interests of both adults and children. The Mount Pleasant branch of the Cabarrus County Public Library is located at 8556 Cook Street in downtown Mount Pleasant. Hours are Mondays through Thursdays from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
The Mount Pleasant branch of the Cabarrus County Public Library is a great place to spend the chilly days of winter. Come out and warm up with a book, or enjoy weekly classes and performances.
For more information, on the Mt. Pleasant library, open Mondays through Thursdays from 9 a.m. until 7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. call 704-920-2202 or visit the library page of our website.
- Basic Sign Language course, Thursdays, Feb. 13-March 20, Mt. Pleasant Senior Center
- Valentine’s Day Breakfast, February 14,Mt. Pleasant Senior Center
- Great Backyard Bird Count, Feb. 15, Cabarrus County Parks
- Carolina Bridal Fair, Feb. 16, Cabarrus Arena
- 1963: Struggle for Social Justice reenactment, Feb. 17, Concord Library
- Discovery Day Camp Registration, Begins Feb. 17
- Cooking with uncommon fruits and vegetables, Feb. 18, Cabarrus Health Alliance
- Demystifying the Tablet class, Feb. 17, Harrisburg Library
- Blogging for Beginners workshop, Feb. 19, Concord Library
- Job Hunting Resources, Feb. 19, Kannapolis Library
- Carolina Gator Gumbo Band, Feb. 20, Davis Theatre
- Teen Writing Workshop, Feb. 22, Harrisburg Library
- “Big Bad” play to support Friends of Mt. Pleasant Library, Feb. 22, Mt. Pleasant United Methodist Church
- Good for the heart 5K/10K fun run, Feb. 22, Frank Liske Park
- Helping you explore the Affordable Care Act, by appointment
- Humane Society “Say-ghetti” Dinner, Feb. 22, Speedway Club
- DHS Community Health Forum, Feb. 20, Midland Town Hall