The #wondermazement begins September 5
Aug. 27, 2014 – The Cabarrus County Fair will open its gates for the 2014 season on Friday, September 5, and run through Saturday, September 13, at the Cabarrus Arena and Events Center, Concord, off Hwy 49.
Here are some of the unforgettable sights and experiences that will bring wondermazement to the whole family:
Watch art come to life with a live sand castle sculpting
- Take the stage on Tuesday, September 8, and sing Karaoke to the Fair crowd
- Squeeze in a little family fun by milking a real cow
- Eat fresh local corn and then test your limits on one of over 40 rides
- Catch the wacky husband/wife Circus Stella routine featuring a pack of talented and loveable adopted shelter pups that take on bad-to-the-bone stunts in the comedy thrill show.
- Hear the croons and clucks of 500 live chickens, turkeys, rabbits and other livestock
- Shape your visit around amazing live chainsaw art demonstrations.
- Take a “hump day” photo with the camel in the petting zoo
- Squeal with excitement as you watch the fan-favorite racing pigs
- View some of the largest locally grown produce
- Sidesplitting agriculture performances from Rowdy the Rooster
Don’t forget the classics—splurge and have an amazing dessert for dinner, take home an unbelievably ginormous stuffed animal prize and step right up to 40 exhilarating rides. The fair also features local and regional musical acts that represent the ties between our home-grown fair and the heart of our community.
Gate admission to the fair is $7 for ages 12-64, $5 for ages 65+ and those with military ID, $3 for ages 6-11 and ages 5 and younger are admitted free. Parking is free.
2014 Gate Specials (rides not included):
- Saturday, September 6: Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
Free General Gate Admission for all from 1-3 p.m., only.
- Sunday, September 7: Food Lion Hunger Relief Day Canned Food Drive
Free General Gate Admission for all from 1-3 p.m., only. Must present four canned food items per adult and two canned food items per child.
- Tuesday, September 9: School Education Night
Receive $1.00 off General Gate Admission when you show your school spirit by wearing your favorite grade school to college attire.
- Thursday, September 11: Salute to Seniors Night
Admission price of $4 for seniors ages 65 and older from 4-6 p.m., only.
- Catch the fair for free on Fridays
Present your high school football ticket stub at the gate after the game on Friday, September 5 and 12, only, and get free gate admission for the corresponding evening.
The fair is open on weekdays from 4-11 p.m.; Saturdays from 1-11 p.m.; and Sundays 1-10 p.m. at the Cabarrus County Fairgrounds (4759 NC Highway 49 North, Concord).