June 24, 2013 -- This week, we grabbed our skateboards and headed to the Soul Ride Skatepark. The 20,000 square foot indoor skatepark includes a brand new bowl that covers 2,100 square feet, is seven feet deep at the deep end and six feet deep in the shallow end. A bowl like this is unique to our area, with the next closest indoor bowl with air conditioning about two hours away. That’s not all, though. In the coming months, the park will add a cutting-edge street course and a nine-foot vert ramp.
The facility includes a full pro-shop that carries everything you need to skate, including boards and safety equipment, has a concession area and, as I just mentioned, is heated and cooled so you can ride in any weather.
Over the summer, Soul Ride offers full-day skate camps at $125 a week, and that includes lunch. On Monday Nights from 6-9 p.m., skaters can participate in Skate Church. There is even a special rate on Wednesday nights from 6-9 p.m. for skaters 20 years and older. Remember to like their Facebook page so you don’t miss one of the park’s upcoming special events.
The park is located at 280 Concord Parkway South, Suite 6, in Concord, on the backside of the Big Lots shopping center.
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College summer enrichment classes
- Downtown Concord Historic Walking Tour, online
- Summer Concerts
- Grease: School Edition, Community Youth Theatre, June 29
- Library summer reading program, through Aug. 3
- Mt. Pleasant Library book sale, June 29
- Kaleidoscope Cultural Arts Festival, Kannapolis, June 29
- Mentor a child with the Cabarrus Family and Friends program
- Discovery Day Camp, Frank Liske Park, June 17 through Aug. 16
- Grand Camp, Camp Spencer Park, Aug. 14-16
- Swim lessons at Camp Spencer Park Pool, July 8-19
- Open swim at Camp Spencer Park Pool, daily through Aug. 25
- Stars and Stripes Salute with Charlotte Symphony, Village Park, July 2
- Harrisburg July 4 Celebration, Harrisburg Park, July 3-4