Sept. 3, 2013 — If you were planning a weekend jam-packed with excitement, would you visit the Cabarrus County website for ideas? It’s true—a visit to Cabarrus County's new event manager could fill your calendar in no time.
Cabarrus County recently made updates to their event management tool. The system allows visitors to segment the calendar and make it specific to their interests. Users can now find information on concerts, story times, nature programs, exercise sessions, tournaments, special interest courses and more in a few clicks. The events are local, fun and often offered for free or at a minimal cost.
Users can mix-and-match interests using the following filters and bookmark the page for future reference:
- Department event calendars, including Active Living and Parks, Senior Centers, Arena, Board of Commissioners, Board of Elections, Cooperative Extension, Library, Soil and Water Conservation, and/or Planning and Development
- Categories, including arts and crafts, book discussions, classes, environmental, movies, outdoor, public meetings, special events, and/or story time and/or training classes
- Audiences, including adults, children, County residents, families, seniors, teens and/or visitors
To use the calendar:
- Visit www.cabarruscounty.us and click on the “Calendar of Events” link at the top of right side of any County webpage or the “Events” link in the menu navigation.
- Scroll over the Calendars, Categories and/or Audiences menus on the right side of the wide blue ribbon. Check your selections to apply the filter.
- Users can view detailed information on each event by clicking on the listing that appears in the calendar. From the event details, you can view a Google map, upload it to your Microsoft Outlook calendar or even view suggestions for similar events.
- To clear the filter and view all calendar events for the month, click “Clear Filters.”
Cabarrus County Information Technology Services (ITS) designed the calendar so users could visit one reliable resource page for all County event listings. The new calendar incorporates simplicity and succinct scheduling for website visitors.
Additional phases of the project will roll out, implementing more features for guests; Google and Apple calendar upload support, mobile-display capabilities and event registration/fee payment features are all planned for the months ahead.