Dec. 9, 2013 – This week, we toured the annual month-long holiday celebration in Village Park. If you haven’t had time to cruise around your neighborhood to check out the holiday light displays, why not bring your family to Village Park, where you can enjoy the Celebration of Lights? The park display has more than 175,000 lights. It’s open every night through December 30, with the exception of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
While there, don’t miss a performance from the Kannapolis Singing Bears. In addition to the light displays throughout the park, you can roast marshmallows, see model trains, make S’mores or visit Santa in his studio. After a visit with the big guy, jump on the Winterland Express train ride.
On Saturday, December 21, the park will host Nativity Night, featuring a live nativity scene, choir music, a petting zoo, pony rides, vendors and other family activities. A special reminder, that during inclement weather, the Celebration of Lights and the Winterland Express may be closed.
For more information about Celebration of Lights in Village Park, located along A and C streets and North Loop Road in Kannapolis, visit www.kannapolischristmas.com
or call 704-920-4343.
- Icepark, Concord Mills, daily through January 20
- Legendary Locals of Concord with Michael Eury, Concord Library, December 9
- Seniors' Christmas Party, Cabarrus Arena, December 10
- Theater Workshop, Kannapolis Library, December 11
- Intro to photography class, Kannapolis Library, December 12
- Food for Fines, Cabarrus County Public Library, through December 16
- Holiday cooking class, Cabarrus Health Alliance Wellness Kitchen, December 14
- Steampunk activity night, Concord Library, December 14
- Mardi Gras Cheer Competition, Cabarrus Arena, December 14
- Christmas Bird Count, Cabarrus County Parks, December 14
- Introduction to Facebook class, Concord Library, December 16
- Healthy holiday cooking class, Concord Library, December 17
- Twas the Night Before Christmas, Old Courthouse Theater, through December 22
- The Fuzzbucket Music Company, Davis Theatre, December 19
- Christmas Campfire activity, Camp TN Spencer Park, December 21
- Soft Focus exhibition and Shop Seagrove, The Galleries, through December 19
- Shop local this holiday season
- Veterans Christmas Breakfast, Cabarrus Government Center, December 19
- Native Spirit Powwow, Barber-Scotia College, December 28