July 23, 2013 — We took a closer look at the Mt. Pleasant Farmers Market, where local farmers have come together to give residents access to fresh, local, affordable foods. The market operates on Tuesdays from 4-7 p.m. and on Saturdays from 12-7 p.m. from April to November at the park on North Main Street, just north of the intersection of Main and Franklin streets.
The Mt. Pleasant Farmers Market was established in 2011 to provide an outlet for locally grown food products, to sustain farmers in the Mt. Pleasant area, and strengthen a sense of community.
As a producer-only farmers market, it supports local farms as a viable part of the community by providing a place for local farmers and other agricultural producers to sell their produce directly to consumers.
At the Mt. Pleasant Farmers Market, you can chose from a wide selection of vegetables, fruits, meats, dairy, eggs, herbs, flowers, grains, baked goods and specialty items. On any given week, you can purchase from the 14 local vendors.
- NC Tag and Tax Together Program
- Kannapolis Scholars Conference on Lifelong Nutrition for Health and Vitality,
NC Research Campus or online, July 26
- Kannapolis Citizen Academy
- Concord Speakers' Bureau
- TRYathlon, Frank Liske Park, July 27
- Senior Dances; Concord Senior Center
The Tarheel Rhythm Band – July 26
The Night Train – July 27
- Aging services/support from Department of Human Services
- Camp Creativity, RCCC, July 29-Aug. 2
- Dig into Reading -- Fossils, Concord Library, July 25
- Mario Kart Tournament, Concord Library, July 27
- Worms, Worms, Worms, All branches of the library, July 30 and 31