Join CTW as we visit the Piedmont Farmers Market Winecoff location
July 31, 2014 – This week, CTW visited the Piedmont Farmers Market Winecoff location. The market was created to serve the community by providing locally grown, fresh, high-quality produce and products, and to provide an economic outlet for local farmers, producers, and artisans in Cabarrus and surrounding counties of North Carolina’s piedmont.
The Piedmont Farmers Markets are a great place for families to learn about local foods from local growers and introduce new delicious and nutritious ingredients into your meal plans.
The Winecoff Market is located at 518 Winecoff School Rd. in Concord, and is open Tuesdays from 3-6 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
Cabarrus County is very fortunate to have additional market options across the area. The Harrisburg market is open Mondays from 3-6 p.m. at 6960 Robinson Church Rd. The Concord Market has a new location off Means Ave SE, next to the Historic Cabarrus County Courthouse in Concord, and is open Wednesdays from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Finally, don’t forget the Les Myers Park Market, open Thursdays from 4-7 p.m. in the lower parking lot on Lawndale, just off of Branchview in Concord.
The Mount Pleasant Farmers Market, which is not associated with the Piedmont Markets, is located at the park on North Main Street, just north of Franklin Street in Mount Pleasant. They are open Tuesdays from 4-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 12-4:30 p.m. through late November. The Kannapolis Market, another new independent farmers market, is open every Thursday from 4-7 p.m. through October. They are located off of Vance St. and Dale Earnhardt Blvd. in Kannapolis.
- CDDC Annual Party, August 18, Carolina Courts
- The GalFriday Band & Darrell Hardwood, August 2, Village Park
- The Tim Clark Band, August 14, Veterans Park
- Too Much Sylvia, August 16, Village Park
- Movies in the Park-The Nut Job, August 8, Village Park
- Nutrition Study, UNC Nutrition Research Institute
- Cooperative Extension Centennial Celebration, August 14, The Farm at Brusharbor
- Carolina Opry Jam, Wednesdays, Cabarrus County Senior Center, Concord
- Senior Dances, August 1 & 8, Cabarrus County Senior Center, Concord
- Alzheimer’s Awareness Training, August 8, 15, 22 & 29, Carillon Assisted Living
- Apple Cider Classic - Max Fast Flyball Dogs, August 2-3, Cabarrus Arena
- Tarheel Kids Consignment Sale, August 13-17, Cabarrus Arena
- Fizz, Boom, Read: Amazing Engineering, August 5, Kannapolis Library
- Lee St Theatre, August 5-6, Various library locations
- Teen Craft: Stamps, August 6, Kannapolis Library
- Back to School Bash, August 6, Harrisburg Library
- Fizz, Boom, Read: Spectacular Space, August 7, Mt. Pleasant Library
- Shopping Bag Craft, August 7, Concord Library
- Introduction to Email, August 11, Concord Library
- The Atmosphere, Weather, and You, August 11, Harrisburg Library