Highlights from the Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners Meeting
Among its decisions at the April 21 meeting, the Board:
- Recognized Allison L. Smith on her retirement from Cabarrus County Emergency Medical Services
- Recognized Sergeant Timothy C. Culp on his retirement from the Cabarrus County Sheriff's Department
- Recognized Human Resources for 2014 Healthiest Employers of Greater Charlotte Awards
- Adopted Older Americans Month Proclamation
- Adopted Cooperative Extension Centennial Proclamation
- Adopted Cabarrus County Emergency Services Week Proclamation
- Adopted Stewardship Week Proclamation
- Consent agenda: BOC ‐ Resolution Amending the Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners' Meeting Schedule for Calendar Year 2014; County Manager ‐ Involuntary Commitment Transport Services ‐ G4S Secure Solutions; County Manager ‐ Proposed Cellco Tower Lease at Mt. Pleasant CommunicationsTower; County Manager ‐ Revised Proposed Calendar ‐ 2014 General Obligation Bonds Referendum; Emergency Management ‐ Adoption of 2014 Emergency Operations Plan; Finance ‐ Forest Park Elementary Deed Transfer to Kannapolis City Schools; Tax Administration ‐ Refund and Release Report ‐ March 2014
- New Business: Held public hearing and adopted Planning & Development ‐ Proposed Text Amendments to Zoning Ordinance (TEXT2014‐00001 and TEXT2014‐00002); Set a Public Hearing on Behalf of Cabarrus Charter Academy Regarding the Issuance of Charter School Revenue Bonds; and County Manager ‐ Presentation of Alternative Financial Plans as Requested by the Board of Commissioners at the March 17, 2014 Meeting
The Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners will hold its next work session on Monday, May 5, and its next regular meeting on Monday, May 19.
Note: This is for information only. The minutes for the meeting will be the official record of action taken by the Board on April 21, 2014.