Mail requiring more than one standard stamp will not be accepted with the exception of legal mail. All incoming mail will be searched for contraband. Mail from any correctional facility will not be accepted.
Inmate Mailing Address:
PO Box 790
Concord, NC 28026
Inmate mail containing any of the following will be returned:
- Envelopes with writing other than mailing/return or sticker address
- Perfumed letters or envelopes
- Lipstick stains
- Envelopes/contents altered from original or soaked/permeated in a substance
- Bubble/clasped envelopes
- Cash, checks, money orders
- Polaroid, sexual explicit or violent pictures
- Any materials other than paper and photos such as: glue, paperclips, clasp, staples, magnets, stickers, tape, plastic, wood, cloth, glass, etc.
- Inmates will be able to receive a total of five (5) pictures. Any pictures sent to an inmate over the five (5) allowed will be returned to sender.
Paperback books must be pre-approved by the Detention Administration before shipping and come from a publisher or bookstore. Each shipment to the inmate must be pre-approved.