This classroom grant is sponsored by the NC Association of Soil and Water Conservation Districts (NCASWCD) Auxiliary, a non-profit, non-partisan organization formed to assist and support District Supervisors achieve their goals. The purpose of the grant is to provide funding to classroom teachers for projects to enhance learning of conservation and environmental practices. Grants of up to $500 are awarded.
- Eligible educators include teachers and principals in NC schools serving grades K-12.
- Applications will be accepted for specific projects to enhance learning, using conservation and environmental practices.
- Application limit: One proposal per educator. An applicant for an individual grant may not apply as the leader for the project, and vice versa. However, an applicant for an individual grant may be part of a team project for which another educator is applying.
- Grants will not be awarded for educator salaries, time or expenses.
- Proposals may be approved for partial funding when the applicant's budget summary includes a figure for the minimum grant required to conduct the project on a smaller scale.
Visit NCASWCD for an application form and instructions. Applications and instructions are generally posted in early fall, and are due into the Cabarrus Soil and Water Conservation District office by December 1.