The children's room offers story times, programs and other activities for children.
Story times for children include the following:
- Baby Story Time - Presented each Monday at 9:30am. Songs, stories, and finger plays, followed by play time for babies and networking for parents. Ages 0 – walking with caregiver.
- Toddler Story Time - Presented each Tuesday at 9:30am and 10:30am. Stories, songs, finger plays and more. Toddler story time is appropriate for children walking to 3 years.
- Preschool Story Time - Presented each Wednesday at 9:30am and 10:30am. Stories, songs, finger plays, movement and more. Ages 3-5 with caregiver.
- Family Story Time - Presented each Thursday at 10am and 6pm. Stories, songs, movement and more for children and families of all ages. Check listing for Saturday family story time.
Regular events for children include the following:
- League of Extraordinary Legos - We'll bring the LEGOs, you bring your imagination! Program is held the fourth Wednesday at 4pm for ages 4-12 years.
- Writing Workshop - Come and bring out the creative writer in you. Also, explore books to spark your writing. Program is held the fourth Tuesday at 4pm and every Monday at 2pm for ages 7-12 years.
- Theater Workshop - Learn about the theatre, explore books and bring out the actor in you. Presented the third Tuesday at 2pm and 4pm for ages 7-12 years. Space is limited and registration is required to attend.
- Creative Adventures - Craft and book talk. Program is held the second Thursday at 2pm and 4pm for children ages 6-12 years.
- Crafternoon - Drop in for crafts. Program is held the third Thursday at 3pm for children of all ages.
- STEAM Fridays - Drop in for some STEAM activities (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math). Every Friday at 2pm.