Children's Summer Programming for June 13-August 13.
The children's room offers story times, programs, and other activities of children.
Story times for children include the following:
- Baby Story Time - Presented each Monday at 9:30am. Songs, stories, and finger plays, followed by play time for babies and networking for parents. Ages 0 – walking with caregiver.
- Toddler Story Time - Presented each Tuesday at 9:30am and 10:30am. Stories, songs, finger plays and more. Toddler story time is appropriate for children walking to 3 years.
- Preschool Story Time - Presented each Monday at 10:30am and 11:30am. Stories, songs, finger plays, movement and more. Ages 3-5 years with caregiver.
- Family Story Time - Presented each Thursday at 11:00am and 6pm and every Saturday at 11 am. Stories, songs, movement and more for children and families of all ages.
Regular events for children include the following:
- On Your Mark, Get Set...Read Programs - Stories, activities, and crafts every Tuesday at 3pm for ages 5-12 years. Please contact the library for groups of 15 or more.
- League of Extraordinary Legos - We'll bring the LEGOs, you bring your imagination! Program is held the fourth Wednesday 2:00-4:00pm for ages 4-12 years.
- Reading Tails - Be a "winning"reader with Wynn, the therapy dog. Read alout stories of your choosing. Program is held 3:00-5:00pm the first and third Mondays of each month for ages 4-12 years with caregiver.
- Writing Workshop - Come and bring out the creative writer in you. Also, explore books to spark your writing. Program is held every Friday at 11am for ages 7-12 years.
- Theater Workshop - Learn about the theatre, explore books and bring out the actor in you. Presented at 3pm Monday June 20 and Monday July 18 for ages 7-12 years. Space is limited and registration is required to attend.
- Creative Adventures - Craft and book talk. Program is held at 3pm on Thursday June 23 and Thursday July 28 for children ages 6-12 years.
- Crafternoon - Drop in for crafts. Program is held the third Thursday 3:00-5:00pm for children of all ages.
- STEAM Fridays - Drop in for some STEAM activities (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math). Every Friday 2:00-5:00pm for all ages.
Summer Reading Program
Read to Me Program ages 0-5 years
Summer Reading Program ages 6-12 years
Children will receive a reading record and stamp plus a book upon completing required reading time (10 hours ages 0-5 years, 15 hours ages 6-12) .
Special Events & Presentations
10:30am on June 15 Grey Seal Puppets
10:30am on June 22 NC Zoo-Animal Olympics
10:30am on July 13 Storyteller Barbara Locklear
10:30am on July 27 Jump Brunch
10:30am on August 2 Sciencetellers
Stories Under the Stars Family Series-7pm Library Patio (Co-sponsored by Kannapolis Parks and Recreation) In the event of rain or extreme heat, perfromances will be held inside the library with the exception of the Ballet. Popcorn will be provided by the GEM Theatre with the exception of the Ballet)
7pm on June 25 Flow Circus-Juggler Humorist
7pm on July 23 Piedmonth Dance Ballet presents Pirates (Village Park Amphitheater)
7pm on August 20 Martha Reed Johnson-Storyteller/Humorist