Enforcing Child Support

What if Non-Custodial Parent Doesn't Make Payments as Ordered by Court?

The Child Support agency is responsible for enforcing Child Support payments when the non-custodial parent does not make Child Support payments as ordered by the court. The support payments must be at least 30 days in arrears before court action can be initiated.

The Child Support agency will issue a show cause notice for the non-custodial parent to appear in court to explain why they should not be found in contempt of the court order.

Immediate income withholding is ordered in every Child Support order.

Other methods utilized to collect Child Support payments are administrative income withholding, intercepting the non-custodial parent’s tax refund, revocation of drivers, business and professional licenses.