Adult and Aging Services is simply the GATEWAY to resources and support. When you call into Department of Human Services, and speak with one of our Social Workers, you are well on your way to accessing resources, services and programs available to Cabarrus County residents who are disabled or over the age of 60.
Think of us as navigators who help you ask the right questions and choose the right path. Our professional, highly trained staff makes it easier for disabled adults, seniors, family members, and their caregivers to get the support they need.
Social workers are available to answer phone calls or see individuals about the following services:
- Receive reports of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation of disabled adults
- Receive complaints regarding Adult Care Homes
- Take referrals for Adult Day Care/Health Services, Placement Services, Case Management Services, Guardianship, In-Home Aide Services, Transportation Services, Independent Living Service for Blind and Visually Handicapped and Special Assistance In-Home Program.
- Give information about Congregate Nutrition (LunchPlus Clubs) and Family Caregiver Support Programs.
- Provide information and guide Medicare recipients on choosing and evaluating Medicare related items.
- Refer person(s) to outside community resources when appropriate
The Adult and Aging Services Division also provides services to families with children. Designed to promote self-sufficiency, these services include employment services and case management services that transition parents from welfare to work.
Do you need information and assistance connecting to resources? We are just a phone call away!
Individuals may contact the Adult Services Line at 704-920-1400 for questions.
For more information about services for older adults, visit www.ncdhhs.gov.