4-H Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) is a part of NC Cooperative Extension. EFNEP focuses on providing food and nutrition education contributing to personal development. The program provides opportunities for youth to develop skills in basic food selection, preparation and food safety.
EFNEP Can Provide:
- Instruction for youth in small groups.
- Creative program delivery methods to expand youth participation, increase retention of nutrition knowledge, and make learning fun.
- Leadership opportunities for youth to become active contributors to the group and to their communities.
- Volunteers with opportunities to become more effective leaders as they support the development of their youth.
Who Can Participate?
- Urban and rural youth
- Limited resource youth
- Youth under the age of 18
Cabarrus County EFNEP is currently partnered with The Boys and Girls Club and Kids Plus to provide youth with age appropriate education on food and nutrition.
If you would like information on EFNEP, contact the 4-H office at 704-920-3310.