special kids, special families, special friends
Cabarrus Family Friends is an intergenerational volunteer program that matches adult volunteers with families of children with disabilities and/or chronic illnesses. The volunteers offer support to families by caring, listening, and simply providing time for the family to meet the demands of daily living.
Who benefits? We ALL do!
- Families gain from emotional and social support provided by volunteers.
- Volunteers have the chance to contribute life experience, wisdom and talent, while being a major force in building new bridges between generations.
- Community is strengthened by volunteers providing valuable services that could otherwise prove too costly. Families who have had little or no access to options now have a place to turn for support.
What does it take to be a Family Friend?
- a love of children
- a willingness to share a lifetime of skills and talents with a family trying to manage in a world full of challenges
- time to share with someone else
- a desire for an on–going relationship with a child and their family
Do you need a Family Friend?
Our volunteers are able to:
- offer you respite by taking your child for a walk, reading a book, helping with an art project, or playing for a while
- accompany you to a doctor’s appointment or grocery shopping
- be there to help when you need it
Cabarrus Family Friends needs both volunteers and families that would like to receive the services of a volunteer to assist them with their individual needs.
Cabarrus Family Friends is a program of the Cabarrus County Senior Centers and the Cabarrus County Active Living and Parks Department.
Call 704-436-8034 for more information.