Do you have an interest in working with animals?
Working at the Shelter
Check for open positions at the shelter.
Volunteering at the Shelter
We are a County run shelter and have to follow County and NC Department of Agriculture rules. Therefore, we have some requirements that volunteers must follow.
Read these requirements to volunteer at the Cabarrus County Animal Shelter
- Must 18 years of age or older.
- Must have some experience handling/ being around animals. (must not be allergic)
- Understand volunteering here is physically demanding. It can be emotionally challenging.
- Must be able to handle animals of various weights.
- Be aware that you may be handling/using potentially harmful/hazardous disinfectants. This includes bleach and other chemicals.
- Must sign a waiver and complete the volunteer orientation and training.
- Must be able to comply with and follow the rules set by the Cabarrus County Animal Shelter and the NC Department of Agriculture.
Volunteers can come to the shelter when scheduled, Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm. We do not yet have routine weekend hours for volunteers. However, we do occasionally have events on weekends and need volunteers at those times.
If you fit all these requirements, fill out the volunteer questionnaire. This will give us an idea of your experience level and areas of interest. Once we receive your questionnaire, we will get in touch with you. We will schedule a meet and greet and the volunteer orientation and training.
If you feel you don’t meet the requirements, but would still like to help the animals, view the DONATIONS we need. We can always use donations for the animals!
Thanks again for you interest in helping the animals! We appreciate it!