The safety and well being of animals in Cabarrus is not a job one agency can do alone. Community commitment has improved adoption rates. Generosity from local partners and veterinarians is crucial to efficiency and effectiveness.
Some ways you can help our local animals:
Food and Incidental Donations
The Cabarrus County Animal Shelter accepts various donations including:
- wet and dry pet food
- clumping cat litter
We have an on going need for:
- Bedding / Towels
- Cat Litter / Litter Pans
- Dish / Laundry Detergent
- Hot Dogs
- Pate Style Canned Cat Food (only type of food kittens can eat)
- Canned Dog Food (pate is preferred over chunked)
- Dry Cat and Dog Food (adult, kitten, puppy)
- Eye Wash / Generic Sterile Saline Solution (to clean cat / kitten eyes)
- Collars and leashes of varying sizes.
- Tough Kong-Style Toys (puppies / dogs)
- Plastic Washable Toys (kittens / cats)
One Time Donations
- 2 used radio / CD players
- CDs of calm soothing music
- Baby scales
Help our shelter pets sleep and relax in style! Kuranda beds are cozy cot style beds that give our animals that extra ounce of comfort. These are the best beds for the shelter environment because they are:
- chew proof
- easy to sanitize
- provide orthopedic comfort
No more sleeping on the floor. Consider donating a bed for our shelter animals. All the animals will get to use the beds, strays and adoption animals. Donate a Kuranda bed.
Financial Donations for Non-Essential Medical Expenses
Cabarrus operates a fund to donate non-essential medical expenses for shelter animals. The County works with local veterinarians to negotiate services at a reduced rate. Financial donations can be brought to the shelter in person. They can also be made over the phone with Mastercard or Visa. Call 704-920-3288 to make a donation to help our shelter critters!
Items listed express the need, but do not need to be exact, similar items are also welcome. Items purchased from our wishlist will be shipped directly to the shelter.