CSWCD Educational Resources
CSWCD offers educators, K-12 students and their families opportunities to learn with:
- environmental education programs
- community science events
We also offer adult opportunities for life-long learners and educators.
- Annual SWCD conservation contests (bookmarks, posters, essays, slide shows and public speaking)
- Envirothon team competitions
- Community science events
- Standard-based environmental education presentations (in-person or virtual) and event resources
- Environmental education professional development
Programs can be tailored to meet your needs. For more information, call 704-920-3331.
Envirothon is the largest high school environmental science contest in North America. It culminates in three area, state and North American competitions. It's an opportunity for students to earn thousands of dollars in scholarship money.
Five-member teams are sponsored by the local SWCD. These teams work together to compete at middle (Grades 5-8) and high (Grades 9-12) school levels. These teams train in the areas of:
- current environmental issues
Qualifying teams at area levels participate in the state competition. The winning high school team represents the state at the North American Envirothon.
Visit Southern Piedmont Envirothon for information on the area competition and to obtain study materials. Qualifying teams from Cabarrus County will get a housing stipend from CSWCD. Contact us for more information at 704-920-3331.
Visit NC Envirothon for information on the state competition and to obtain study materials.