Transparency in Coverage Rule Machine-Readable Files (MRFs)
Cabarrus County provides medical benefits through Cigna. Employees can choose from two medical plans. Employees can also earn a preferred rate by:
- completing health assessment baseline measures
- living tobacco-free lives
Those covered on the County medical plan receive an annual routine eye examination. This covers all employees and dependents. The examination is free. Cabarrus County also offers vision insurance through Community Eye Care. Benefits include:
- an eye examination
- contact lens fitting
- eyeware plan of $150
- discounts for other services, including LASIK
The County provides term life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance. This insurance is $20,000 for each full-time employee. Employees have the option to purchase:
- additional term life insurance
- dependent life insurance
Cabarrus County also offers PPO and Non-PPO dental insurance through Ameritas. Benefits included at no deductible are:
- two evaluations and cleanings per year
- space maintainers
- X-rays and fluoride (for children under 19)
Cabarrus County offers accident, critical illness (with and without cancer) through Aflac. Value-added services are provided through Aflac.
Cabarrus County offers group cancer and specified disease insurance through Humana. Plan features include:
- donor and wellness benefits (many of which have no lifetime maximum)
- certain lodging and transportation coverages
- in- and out-of-hospital benefits
These plans pays regardless of other coverage and is portable, meaning you can take it with you.
Cabarrus County offers short- and long-term disability through American United Life Insurance Company.