CTW jams out to free Thursdays on Main concert series in Kannapolis
June 9, 2014 – Thursdays on Main is under the umbrella of the Kannapolis Summer Entertainment Series, which has evolved into afternoon concerts evening concerts, outdoor movies, Stories Under the Stars and other free, family-friendly events throughout the summer months. The award-winning series continues to grow, attracting over 45,000 people annually from Kannapolis and the surrounding Charlotte region.
The afternoon of music takes place in the recently renovated Veterans Park. The centerpiece of the park is the memorial, which transforms the picturesque community park at the corner of N. Main St. and First St. in downtown Kannapolis into a regional historic landmark. Brick walkways, fountains and green spaces create a beautiful community-gathering place for concerts and special events. Striking features, such as the eternal flame, granite Ring of Honor and Memorial Plaza monument create an atmosphere of respect and quiet reflection in which to pay tribute to those who have served.
It is with the help of the Cabarrus Arts Council and many other supporting organizations that The Summer Entertainment Series is available to the community at no cost. The City of Kannapolis is proud to bring new artists every year as well as old community favorites, providing quality arts entertainment to the surrounding area.
For more information on Thursdays on Main Lunchtime Series, taking place every Thursday through June 26, from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at Veterans Park call 920-704-4343 or visit www.cityofkannapolis.com.
- Budget information--Public Hearing, June 16, 6:30 p.m. at the Board of Commissioners meeting, Gov Center
- Upcoming music concerts
- National Get Outdoors Day, June 14, Camp T.N. Spencer, North Cabarrus and Frank Liske Parks
- Dad’s Day, June 15, North Cabarrus Park
- Monsters University, June 20, Harrisburg Park
- Swim Lessons, June 17-26 & July 8-17, Camp T.N. Spencer Pool
- Urban Ballroom Evening, June 21, Cabarrus County Senior Center, Concord
- Bunco Day, June 25, Cabarrus County Senior Center, Mt. Pleasant
- The Basics of Home Canning, June 16, 19, 21 & 23, Cabarrus Cooperative Extension
- Pan-O-Lympics, June 14, Reed Gold Mine
- Healthy Cookout Favorites, June 17, Cabarrus Health Alliance
- Art Walk, June 20, Downtown Concord
- "The Drummond Will" Film Screening, June 20, Davis Theatre
- Summer Reading Program, June 16-August 9, Cabarrus County Libraries
- Fizz, Boom Read: Water Science Fun, June 19, Concord Library
- Green Cleaning, June 17, Kannapolis Library
- Catapults, June 17, Harrisburg Library
- Geektastic Homemade Lava Lamps, June 23, Mt. Pleasant Library
- Performer Roger Day, June 24-25, Various locations
- High school graduations, June 13-14, Cabarrus Arena