Oct. 31, 2013 — The Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners will hold a work session on Monday, Nov. 4, at 4 p.m. in the multi-purpose room of the Government Center (65 Church St. SE, Concord).
Here are some discussion topics on the Nov. 4 work session agenda that may be brought to the Board for action at an upcoming regular meeting. If you can't attend, follow live tweets
from the meeting (#CCBOC) or catch the meeting playback on Channel 22 and YouTube
- Funding request for Central Cabarrus High artificial turf project
- Revised County/CVB Interlocal Agreement
- Development of two multi-purpose fields at Frank Liske Park
- Implementation of NCGS 14-415.23, allowing those possessing a concealed carry permit to carry guns in local parks
- Update on Raging Ridge Road extension and bridge
- Requested changes to the Flowes Store Fire Protection Contract
- Transportation grant application discussion, including NCDOT Public Transportation Division Grant for FY15 that covers administrative and capital costs associated with CCTW, totaling $675,650; 5310 Elderly & Disabled Transportation Grant, totaling $903,161 for two years; and JARC grant providing transportation to and from employment or job-related training, totaling $564,122.
- Request to approve Midland Library concept
*Board of Commissioners meeting agendas are subject to change.*