Hundreds participated in the 2014 Senior Health and Wellness Day
Senior Health and Wellness Day is one of the region's largest open house events for seniors. The day offered a host of health and wellness information --all under one roof.
Seniors enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and explored the event at their own pace. SHWD provides a unique opportunity to access a wealth of information, resources and programs for senior adults and caregivers. Attendees had the opportunity to speak with representatives from Cabarrus County's Active Living and Parks and Human Services departments about programs and services offered to seniors.
With goodie bag in hand, attendees explored 60 exhibit spaces that offered information on healthy foods, activities and information on assisted living, wills and much more.
The screening area gave older adults the opportunity to receive health screenings at no cost. Through class demonstrations attendees experienced several of the activities offered at Cabarrus County's senior centers in Concord and Mount Pleasant, including ballroom dancing, Tai Chi and aerobics.
For more information on programs and services available to local seniors, call the Concord Senior Center at 704-920-3484.
- Veteran Driver’s License and ID Cards, now available at the DMV
- The Public Safety Gov 101 Experience, May 9
- Unsung OCT, March 28-30, Old Courthouse Theatre
- Artwalk, April 4, Downtown Concord
- "The 48 Hour Film Project" Film Screening, April 4, Davis Theatre
- Charlotte Motor Speedway AutoFair, April 3-6, Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Ford Mustang 50 Year Celebration, April 16-20, Charlotte, Motor Speedway
- Zucchini 500, April 5, Hilbish Ford
- Electrifying Encounters. April 2, Kannapolis Library
- Spy Science, April 7, Kannapolis Library
- STEM in the City, April 8, Kannapolis Water Treatment Plant
- Speedway Classic of the Carolinas Dog Show, March 27-30, Cabarrus Arena
- Carolina Sportsman Spring Spectacular, April 4-6, Cabarrus Arena
- Repticon, April 5-6, Cabarrus Arena
- Cabarrus County Special Olympics, April 8-9, Cabarrus Arena
- Meet Author Robin Sloan, April 5, Concord Library
- Introduction to E-readers, April 3, Kannapolis Library
- Vegetarian Cooking 101, April 5, Health Alliance Kitchen
- Scrabble Scramble 5K and Fun Run, April 12, Frank Liske Park