The Cabarrus County Fair-a-tale begins Sept. 6
Sept. 4, 2013 – The Cabarrus County Fair will open its gates for the 2013 season this Friday, Sept. 6, and run through Saturday, Sept. 14.
Here are some of the unforgettable sights and experiences that will make this year’s event a fair-a-tale come true for the whole family:
- Squeeze in a visit to the cow milking station, where visitors of all ages can take a turn at milking a real cow
- Squeal with excitement while watching professional racing pigs
- Let your dreams take flight with acrobats performing more than 30 feet in the air
- Measure up against fruit and veggies that grow larger than the average adult
- Graze alongside more than 500 animals, including chickens, turkeys, rabbits and other livestock
- Speed to a championship on the radio-controlled micro reality race track
- Chow down on a jalapeno corn dog or red velvet funnel cake
- Win a fin—take home a prize goldfish
- Make a memory to last a lifetime on the Ferris Wheel at sunset
Don’t forget the classics—the petting zoo, chainsaw artist and exhilarating rides. The fair also features local and regional musical acts that represent the ties between our home-grown fair and the heart of our community.
Gate admission to the fair is $7 for ages 12-64, $5 for ages 65+ and those with military ID, $3 for ages 6-11 and ages 5 and younger are admitted free. Parking is free.
2013 Gate Specials:
Saturday, Sept. 7 - Ribbon Cutting Ceremony: Free General Gate Admission for all from 1-3 p.m. only. Rides not included.
Tuesday, Sept. 10 - School Education Night: Receive $1.00 off General Gate Admission when you show off your school spirit by wearing your favorite grade school to college attire. Rides not included.
Thursday, Sept. 12 - Salute to Seniors Night: Admission price of $4 for seniors ages 65 and older from 4-6 p.m. only. Rides not included.
Catch the fair for free on Fridays: Present your high school football ticket stub at the gate after the game on Friday, Sept. 6 and 13 only and get free gate admission for the corresponding evening. Rides not included.
The fair is open on weekdays from 4-11 p.m.; Saturdays from 1-11 p.m.; and Sundays 1-10 p.m. at the Cabarrus County Fairgrounds (4759 NC Highway 49 North, Concord).
For more information about the fair, including entertainment, tickets or times, visit www.cabarruscountyfair.com.