Cabarrus County will debut its new website May 20. The 2011 redesign of the Cabarrus County website (www.cabarruscounty.us) will provide an improved user experience to enhance the findability and search of desired information, to increase transparency of county operations, and to showcase Cabarrus County as a great place to live and work.
The newly designed information makes navigation easy. At a glance, users can see the latest news, public meeting schedules, upcoming programs and events, and major initiatives, as well as the site’s most popular links and the latest video.
For more detailed information, users can simply search by topics by scrolling over the top navigation bar to find services available in their topic of interest. For more specific information, web users also can use the improved search bar to type in a search term and be directed to all related information on that subject.
And the new Cabarrus County website makes it easy to share helpful information with others. Individuals can click the “Like” button to instantly share information with their online community. Or click on “Stay Informed” to find all the ways to receive information and updates that most interests each individual.
Goals of the website redesign:
- Communicate with residents, businesses, media, and other stakeholders through topic-driven navigation that eliminates the need to know which department is the keeper of a certain piece of information.
- Maintain individual department web sections while allowing information to be aggregated topically to provide portals for similar information or for similar audiences.
- Improve government transparency by providing complete county information in an easier to find and use format.
- Provide more online resources for doing business with the county.
- Improve findability, navigation, and search capabilities.
- Provide greater interactivity.
- Make current customer information services more easily accessible.
- Provide a content management system that makes it easier for content editors in county departments to add and update content on a frequent basis.
- Update the look and feel of the site to be in line with the most advanced local government sites.
The Cabarrus County website is accessible at www.cabarruscounty.us. All four branches of the Cabarrus County Public Library provide public computer terminals with Internet access.