June 17, 2013 -- Cabarrus This Week cooled off at one of our favorite places during the summertime, the pool at Camp Spencer Park! Come and beat the heat with the pool or stay dry with the variety of activities offered throughout the park!
Hang out at one of the few public pools inside Cabarrus County. Camp Spencer Park is a summer’s dream. They offer everything you could want and more. They have three ponds and a mile and a half hiking trail. Also, there is fishing, hiking, volleyball, horseshoes, picnic sites, shelters, tent sites and even cabins available to rent to make a full weekend at the park. The 6 Cabins are really unique. They sleep 6 per cabin and include a small refrigerator, Microwave, and have Heat/Air Conditioning. There is also a picnic table, fire ring, grill & trash cans right outside. And best yet restrooms and showers just a couple of minutes up the trail.
The pool will be open daily from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m. until August 25. Daily pool admission cost $5 for teens and adults, $3 for children 6-13 years old, and $2 for adults 65 and older. Children 5 and younger are admitted free with a paid adult.
For more information and cost for the pool, cabins or other activities including swim lessons and admissions for large groups,at Camp Spencer Park, located at 3155 Foxford Road in Concord, call 704-795-4492 or visit cabarruscounty.us/parks or facebook.com/cabarruscountyparks.
- Imusination in the Park, Veterans Park, June 27
- Kayaking at Camp Spencer, June 29
- Thursdays on Main Summer Concert Series, June 20
- Food preservation classes, June and July
- Grease: School Edition, Community Youth Theatre,
June 21, 22, 23 and 29
- Stories Under the Stars, June 22
- Free fans for seniors, Concord/Mt. Pleasant Senior Centers
- League of Extraordinary Legos, Concord Library, June 18
- Farmer Jason farm sing-along, Concord Library, June 19
- Bracelet craft build, Concord Library, June 20
- Movies in the Park, Village Park, June 21
- Ground Breaking Reads, Cabarrus County Libraries, June 20, 25 and 27
- Senior Center Dances, June 21 and 22
- Discovery Day Camp, Frank Liske Park, June 17 through Aug. 16
- Senior Swimming, Camp Spencer Pool, June 19 and 26