The Animal Control office is located off NC Hwy 49, behind Terminal Trucking, on General Services Drive. Animal Control is responsible for investigating animal cruelty, enforcing existing animal control laws, and managing stray animals.
The shelter administers a parvovirus and kennel cough vaccine to every animal that comes in the shelter. These vaccines protect the animal while they are at the shelter, and help keep the sickness under control. The cost for the vaccines is $10.
Contact the Humane Society for shelter hours of operation.
- Rabies Control
- Parvovirus and Kennel Cough Vaccines
- Enforcement of State and Local Animal Laws
- Dangerous Dog Investigation and Enforcement
- Nuisance Abatement
- Animal Facility Operations
- Stray Animal Control
- Loan Traps for Trapping Wild Dogs and Cats
- Lost and Found Reports
- Annual Rabies Vaccination Clinic in Conjunction with Local Veterinary Offices