The Cabarrus Soil and Water Conservation District exists to encourage informed and responsible use of the land and all its natural resources. Financial and technical assistance is available to landowners and land users to manage natural resources - soil, water, animals, plants and air - on residential, commercial and private working lands. This approach to conservation is voluntary, not regulatory. Financial assistance is provided through state (Agriculture Cost Share and Community Conservation Assistance) and federal (Environmental Quality Incentives and Wildlife Habitat Incentives) programs.
Cabarrus Soil and Water Conservation District helps:
- install farm conservation practices to keep soil and nutrients in the fields and out of waterways;
- conserve and restore stream buffers and wetlands, which purify water and provide habitat for birds, fish and numerous other animals;
- protect groundwater resources;
- plant trees and other land cover to hold soil in place, clean the air, provide cover for wildlife and beautify neighborhoods;
- manage growth in an environmentally-sensitive manner, working with developers, homeowners and planners
- reach out to communities and schools to teach the value of natural resources and encourage conservation efforts.
715 Cabarrus Avenue West
Concord NC 28027-6214