The children's room offers story times, book discussions and other activities for children.
Summer Reading Program: Fizz Boom Read June 16 - August 9. Ages 0-12.
Special Events for children include the following:
- Roger Day (Musician) - June 25
- Bright Star (Theatre Group) - June 28
- Farmer Jason (Musician) - July 9
- Mark Daniel (Storyteller/Magician) - July 16
- Rags to Riches (Theatre Group) - July 23
- Piedmont Dance Ballet - July 26
- Mad Science (Up, Up, and Away) - July 30
- Lee St (Theatre Group) - August 6
- Steve Langley (Stories, Juggling, and Magic) - August 23
Story Times for children include the following:
- Baby Story Time - For ages 0 - walking with caregiver.
- Toddler Story Time - For children walking to 3 years of age.
- Family Story Time - For children and families of all ages.
Regular Events for children include the following:
- Dig Into Legos - Have fun building with Legos and meeting new friends. Ages 4-12.
- Writing Workshop - Come and bring out the creative writer in you. Ages 7-12.
- Theater Workshop - Learn about the theatre, explore books and bring out the actor in you. Ages 7-12.
Book Discussions for children include the following:
- Kannapolis Kids Book Discussion - Book discussion and activities. Ages 8-10. (Mondays - 7/15 and 8/11).
- Get Real Book Discussion - Book discussion and activities. Ages 10-12. (Wednesdays - 7/9 and 8/13).
For more information about Kannapolis Library Children's Programs call 704-920-1180 x2302.