The children's room at the Concord library offers story times, book discussions and other activities for children.
Story times for children include the following:
• Baby Story Time and Play Time - Each Tuesday at 9:15am. Songs, fingerplays, and a story, followed by play time for babies and networking for parents. Ages birth - 1 year with caregiver.
• Preschool Story Time - Each Tuesday from 10am - 10:30am. Appropriate for children ages 3-5 with a caregiver.
• Toddler Story Time - Each Wednesday from 9:15am - 9:30am. Appropriate for children ages 1-2 with a caregiver.
• Toddler Play Time - Each Wednesday from 9:30am to 9:45am. Includes opportunities for toddler interaction and "mommy" networking. Appropriate for children ages 1-2 with a caregiver.
• Family Story Time - The first Saturday of each month. Family Story Time is appropriate for children of all ages.
• Tales at Twilight - Presented the first Monday of each month at 6:30pm. A family story time appropriate for all ages.
Regular Events for Children:
• League of Extraordinary Legos - We’ll bring the Legos, you bring your imagination and building skills. We are accepting Lego donations! Program is held in the auditorium every third Tuesday from 4:30pm to 5:30pm and is appropriate for children ages 4-12.
• Creators of Cool - Creators of Cool is a monthly program for children ages 7-12 where they can discover a new theme, hobby, or art style through books, activities, and crafts. Meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month.
Book Discussions for elementary students are as follows:
• Awesome Pageturner Book Discussion - Meets the 4th Tuesday of each month. Readers can register for the book club and check out the book at that time. Awesome Pageturner Book Discussion is for children in 3rd and 4th grade.
• BeTWEEN the Lines Book Discussion - Meets the last Thursday of each month. Readers can register for the book club and check out the book at that time. BeTWEEN the Lines Book Discussion is for children in 5th and 6th grade.